The 5 Best Supercars at the Monaco Yacht Show 2017
The Monaco Yacht Show 2017 drew to an emphatic close on 30th September and weary visitors celebrated another successful event as the yachts’ horns sounded at 6pm. In this year’s edition of the yacht show, automotive fans were extremely well catered for, with a spectacular display of luxury supercars dazzling visitors at the Monaco Yacht Show Car Deck. For those with a penchant for luxury cruising and adventure, supercars offer a similar sense of satisfaction as superyachts: both induce exciting bursts of adrenaline, whether burning across the tarmac or cutting through waves; both enable exploration in ultimate comfort; and both combine stunning aesthetics with exceptional performance.
For the 27th edition of The Monaco Yacht Show, the Car Deck saw the arrival of fifteen of the most desirable cars in the world. The high performance cars were located on Quai Antoine Ier and included vehicles from some of the most admired manufacturers on the planet. As well as showcasing the best luxury cars – both new and classic models – the Car Deck offered prospective buyers the opportunity to test-drive certain vehicles. Many visitors took the opportunity to experience some of the world’s most alluring supercars, replicating some of the benefits of luxury car hire in Monaco
Having attended the event, we present our selection of the five best supercars on display at the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
- The Jaguar E-Type | No vehicle exudes sophistication like the timeless Jaguar E-Type. Exhibited in racing green at the Monaco Yacht Show Car Deck, the stunning vehicle caught the attention of passers-by with its sleek British styling and iconic elegance.
- Lamborghini Huracán Spyder | Looking stunning in silver, the Lamborghini Huracán Spyder was more like a work of art in the Car Deck’s pavilion than a luxury supercar, such is the magnificence of its Italian design. The V10 engine offers an exceptional performance, while the vehicle’s adaptive network intelligence management technology adapts the car’s performance to the style of your driving.
3. Mercedes 300 SL Roadster | Hemmels, a specialist dealer of classic Mercedes, displayed two spectacular vehicles from its range at the Monaco Yacht Show 2017: the Mercedes 300SL Roadster and the 280 SL Pagoda. It was the 300 SL Roadster – the most expensive vehicle in attendance – that stole the show. No vehicle compared concerning stylishness; this supercar was the object of desire for true automotive enthusiasts.
- The Aston Martin Vanquish Volante | Another of the displayed supercars to channel British elegance, the Aston Martin Vanquish Volante is dubbed as the ultimate grand tourer and represents the height of automotive engineering and craftsmanship. The monstrous V12 engine and its enhanced performance makes the Vanquish Volante a uniquely desirable supercar.
- The Shelby Cobra 427 S/C | Rounding off our selection is the Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, an American classic that matches the supercars of today for power and strength. This particular vehicle wowed visitors with a chrome body that glimmered under the Mediterranean sunshine. At one point, the owner fired up the supercar’s engine, which thundered into life.