With National Caviar Day approaching on July 18th, James Beard Award Winning Chef José Andrés’ shares with us his uber popular “Jose Taco” recipe which he adds flavor with Latin flair. Chef Andrés will be serving “Jose Taco” at The Bazaar at SLS South Beach while ditching the traditional recipe of Crème Fraiche and Blini’s.
To create the dish, Andrés places delicious Ossetra Caviar on top of savory slices of Jamón Ibérico, adds a bit of micro chervil on top, and serves. Guests roll the jamón around the caviar to create an easy-to-eat “taco” treat. The Jose’s Taco brings out distinct caviar flavors and complimentary 5-star sophistication without complication.
- 2 ea. Slices of Jamón Ibérico (You can find this in Spanish specialty stores)
- .75 oz. Ossetra Caviar
- Cut each slice of Jamón into quarters.
- Divide the caviar into 6 portions and place in the center of the Jamón.
- Garnish with micro chervil.
- Fold and eat like a taco.