Classy Street Style to Shop for This Autumn
Trends come and go, but style is eternal. This is why it’s important to wear and combine certain accessories and items of clothing properly regardless of the season. In this article, we will discuss the hottest street fashion elements of fall 2018 and how to incorporate into your day-to-day outfits to achieve the perfect elegant look.
Fall Fashion Trends
1. Animal Print | Over the course of the past few seasons, fashion trends saw a return to minimalism. Street style was dominated by earthy tones, nudes, and monochromatic elements that created a clean and sophisticated look worthy of iconic women such as Jackie Kennedy or Grace Kelly. However, this has come to an end with fall 2018, because high-octane animal prints are back.
Snakeskin, leopard, zebra, giraffe, you name it, they’re all in right now. While animal print accents have always been a fan favorite among many fashionistas, the fall 2018 approach is centered towards bold glamour first and foremost. According to Net-a-Porter, animal print is the new nude, and it’s meant to be worn in clashing patterns.
Shop for statement pieces such as boxy coats or pantsuits, and match them with color block sweaters and chunky jewelry. Don’t be afraid to find fashion inspiration among the ranks of models such as Bella Hadid, who notoriously love to drape themselves in animal print from head to toe. More truly is more when it comes to this fall trend.
2. Black Pearls | Black pearls are making a comeback this fall, with more and more women choosing to wear them casually to dress up a basic cold weather outfit. Wearing a long strand layered around a chunky and oversized turtleneck sweater with a pair of distressed mom jeans and some black Chelsea boots is a sure way to look effortless cool this autumn.
Of course, freshwater pearls are quite the premium gem. Fortunately, the market also has affordable alternatives to offer fashionistas on a budget, such as the Betty Black cultured pearl necklace. Spending less than 100 dollars on a fashionable statement piece that won’t go out of style too soon is definitely a good investment to make for your aesthetic.
3. Oversized Layers | The runways for fall/winter 2018 were flooded with oversized layers. Globally renowned brands such as Gucci, Prada, or Versace all embraced the lazily elegant appeal of loose-fitting jumpers and coats wrapped in gigantic scarves. Thus, adding such pieces in bold autumnal colors into your collection is a stylish way to stay cozy during rainy and windy days.
However, translating podium outfits to the streets takes some finessing. The secret to wearing oversized pieces without looking awkward is to always complement hefty upper layers with skinny jeans or jeggings. Similarly, if you go for a bottom-heavy look, choose blouses that hug the torso in all the right places to maintain your feminine form.
4. Perennial Florals | Floral patterns don’t have to be reserved for spring and summer only. Designers such as Miu Miu and affordable fast fashion brands like Topshop alike have been embracing the gothic side of full bloom this fall, which will give you a lot of options in stores. Vegetation is printed or sewn onto everything from dresses and blouses to jackets and boots.
The easiest way to approach florals in the fall is by pairing a long and dark dress with biker boots and a plain leather jacket. However, when your leather jackets has petals on it, your approach should be the exact opposite. Pair it with a T-shirt in a matching colors and casual bottoms, such as blue jeans or culottes.
5. shearling Coats | In case you are unfamiliar with this chiefly British term, the word ‘shearling’ refers to a sheep whose wool has been shorn once, as well as the short pieces of wool obtained from said sheep. Thus, shearling coats are nothing more and nothing less than cozy and insulated jackets made from sheep’s wool. This makes them the ideal choice for fall 2018.
Investing in a high-quality piece like this one can even carry your outfits into winter, especially if you live in an area where December through February are milder. What is more, it’s a great way to emulate the street style of your favorite celebrities, seeing as how famous women such as Selena Gomez and Gigi Hadid are notorious fans of this type of coat.
The Bottom Line
After years and years of clean and minimalistic designs for fall and winter, 2018 is the year that brings back bold trends such as chunky layers, animal print, gothic and grunge florals, and repurposed pearls. What makes them all perfect additions for any woman’s collection is that they are both trendy and timeless at the same time.
Latest posts by Danor Aliz (see all)
- 5 Reasons a Skillful Concierge is So Vital for Luxury Travel - 03/21/2019
- High-Fat Foods That Are Also Healthy - 03/21/2019
- Want to Make Serious Money? Take Advantage of These Tech Trends Now - 03/21/2019