If you love apples and donuts, we are bringing you the right recipe for you to make—a perfect dessert for holidays or to enjoy by yourself. Take a look and enjoy!
- 1 cup Crisp Apple Sparkling ICE
- Six tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- Two eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- Three teaspoons baking powder
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon salt
- Three ¾ cups all-purpose flour
For The Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1½ cups Splenda Sugar Blend
- ½ cup ground cinnamon
Part 1: Making the donut dough
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, on medium-high speed for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time until combined. Slowly pour in the milk and half of the Crisp Apple Sparkling ICE to the mixing bowl.
- With the mixer on slow speed, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until just combined. The dough should look shaggy.
- Slowly pour in the remaining amount of Crisp Apple Sparkling ICE on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Part 2: Dough storage
- Tear two pieces of parchment paper the size of a baking sheet.
- Line the first piece of parchment on a clean baking sheet and heavily dust with flour.
- Turn out the dough onto the floured parchment and press evenly till it’s about 3/4 inch thick. (If the dough seems too sticky, flour your hands before pressing.)
- Lightly flour the top of the dough and place the second piece of parchment over the dough. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Part 3: Frying donuts
- In a deep frying pan, heat enough oil to come up 2 inches from the bottom to 375 degrees using a candy thermometer.
- Gently peel the top piece of parchment off the dough.
- Using a floured donut cutter, punch out dough and place in hot oil.
- Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until light brown. Adjust the heat if needed—scoop on a paper towel-lined baking tray.
Part 4: Finishing donuts
- Combine cinnamon and Splenda in a large bowl.
- While the donuts are still warm, toss with cinnamon and Splenda mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve warm.
And now it is ready to serve!