Seafood has this unique taste that sets your taste buds on fire and brings out the true meaning of yummy. No matter how you cook it, it always turns out tasty. But does that mean you should just cook it anyhow? Absolutely not.
Scallops are one of the kinds of seafood that are both tender and crunchy when grilled. Armed with an excellent grill or a propane smoker, you can unleash all the hidden tastes and textures of scallops. As you may know, a propane smoker can replace a grill for meat- and fish-based food but, at the same time, it utilizes a lower temperature range.
How to Prepare Scallops
To prepare scallops for grilling, follow these simple steps:
- Use a blunt knife to gently separate the two shells.
- Using a spoon, scoop the inside of the upper shell to release the flesh from it.
- Using a sharp knife, cut out the black part.
- Remove the frill and any other part that isn’t white or orange.
- Once you have the white edible flesh, wash it thoroughly under running water.
- Time to cook.
How to Cook Scallops
Scallops carry a lot of dirt from the sea, and hence, you should clean them for about three minutes under running water. This removes anything that may harm your health.
So, you’ve carefully washed your scallops, and it’s time to cook them. Let’s do this!
- Washed scallops
- Olive oil
- Chili pepper
- Lemon pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cut open the chili pepper and remove all seeds. Cut it into tiny pieces and set aside.
- Cut an equal portion of chives and mix with the pepper.
- In a Ziploc bag, add scallops, chives, pepper, and olive oil, enough to submerge scallops.
- Place the contents of the bag in a refrigerator and marinate for one hour.
- Remove the scallops, garnish both sides with lemon pepper, salt, and garlic powder, and place them on a grill. Keep flipping them until they turn golden brown without burning.
- On a pan, heat the marinade until hot.
- Place the grilled scallops on a plate and sprinkle the hot marinade on top.
- Grab a knife and fork, and munch them away.
Try it Out
Grilled scallops make dinner worth remembering. It is even better when you have a yummier side dish to make dinner lit. A glass of cocktail on the side also won’t hurt. But if you are alone, why not just munch the scallops without the trouble of cooking a side dish?
It’s your kitchen, and you have all the freedom, only that this time around, you’ve brought the restaurant right into your kitchen. Have you planned on what you will have for dinner? Don’t forget to add scallops on the menu. Enjoy it!