As a new home owner moving into your new property, you will find that your needs change especially if you’re bringing a family with you. Chances are, you’re going to want to change things up from your last home – style, decor, and furniture. To help prepare for a move, here are five inexpensive furniture ideas for new home owners.
1. Find Stores That Market Affordability | You might be surprised to learn that some stores market affordability because of a family first approach as a business model. Family Furniture of America is one of them, which is why we invite you to start your furniture search with them. Their low-price guarantee will save you a lot of time and energy which you will need with your new home. There are many furniture stores out there specifically targeting family demographics. Starting your search can be as simple as visiting the best furniture store West Palm Beach and browsing or scouring the internet looking for affordable deals.
2. Start Your Search in the Clearance Department | With a new mortgage payment, money will matter significantly, so you should start your furniture search in the sales department. If you do not find what you are looking for, you can then branch out and find pieces within your price range. The big mistake people make is that they tend to stay away from clearance sections but that’s where you’re going to find the best deals.
It is advisable to speak with salespeople because they know the best deals as well as the furniture that is durable and maintenance-free. You should also ask when the seasonal sales take place so you know the best times to buy quality furniture when it is the cheapest.
3. Ask for Discounts | Many stores typically have furniture they are willing to reduce to make a sale. What is the risk in asking? There may be unique ways to earn discounts like signing up for a newsletter, submitting your information for marketing campaigns or applying for store credit. While stores want to make a sale, their primary interest is in getting you to return each time you need to purchase furniture.
4. Shop Smartly | Selecting a budget and staying within its limits is an excellent way to shop. Especially with a new baby and home, your budget and income are key factors when looking for furniture. Prices vary, but typically, you should expect to pay:
- Living room furniture sets: $800 to $2,000
- Bedroom sets: $350 to $2,300
- Dining room sets: $290 to $2,300
- Accessory sets: $20 to $180
When you break down your budget by price range, you can mix and match quality furniture with cheaper accessories to create an aesthetically pleasing style concept.
5. Select Furniture That is Most Needed | If you cannot afford everything you need, you can start with a few critical pieces and add to them monthly until you furnish your home fully. You can find beautiful, quality made pieces that enable you to start out small and buy as your income allows. As an example, you could start with your primary needs like a bed, kitchen table, and couch and then add one or two at a time.
In fact, this strategy is recommended even if you have the funds to buy more furniture. 2018 has brought a more minimalist and decluttered style into modern homes. Slowly buying all the furniture will let you calibrate to the “feel” you’re trying to create while sparing you from having a cluttered home.