Today E.C.D. Automotive Design, the award-winning creator of high-end luxury vehicles, delivered its custom D90, called, Project Ranger. The custom Defender 90 (D90) Soft-top is powered by a 6.2-liter LS3 V8 engine with 430-horsepower. Owned by a private client in Florida, the North American Specification (NAS) Defender 90 was sent to E.C.D. for a full restoration.
Outfitted with a five-speed manual transmission and 18-inch Sawtooth alloy wheels in black, it provides pure off-road fun in a one-of-a-kind build experience. While shifting gears on this customizable vehicle, the fun factor is in full force as the vehicle is fitted with a convertible soft top, letting the sound of its Borla Performance exhaust system roar.
“Driving a D90 Soft-top with the LS3 and manual transmission is an absolute blast. Tearing up and back down through the gears is something we all enjoy here at E.C.D.,” says Tom Humble, co-founder of E.C.D. Automotive Design. “
Designed to be more utilitarian than luxury, Project Ranger is finished in full gloss paint in the color, “Terrain” – a Ford color exclusive to their Raptor model – and is upholstered in a charcoal-colored, weather-resistant canvas throughout.
Further specifications can be found below:
- Paint Color – Terrain in a full gloss finish
- Wheels – 18” Sawtooth alloys in gloss black
- Tires – BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A
- Front Bumper – ARB front bumper
- Winch – Warn Industries
- Grille – Classic mesh grille
- Additional – Steering guard in black; Full-length checkered side steps; Full checker pack; KBX wing-tops; Automatic headlights
- Front Seats – Exmoor Elite
- Load-area Seats – Removable bench pads
- Upholstery Material – Weather-resistant Canvas
- Upholstery Color – Charcoal
- Dash – Puma dash with waterproof canvas on the top sections
- Steering Wheel – Startech LR leather steering wheel
- Gauges – Moal Bomber gauges in red & black
- Door handles – CNC machined aluminum
Electronics & Audio
- Radio – Sony infotainment
- Speakers – JL Audio 8-speaker amplified sound system with a subwoofer
- Additional – Wireless charger for mobile devices; USB ports