In this considerable period of isolation where we find ourselves in a situation unprecedented in the history of modernized society, it is no surprise many people are growing stir crazy or developing cabin fever. Some people find it challenging to sit still for even a few minutes, and children and those suffering from ADD or ADHD, this period must be completely gut-wrenching and God awful. However, there are many things you can do and many games you can play to keep yourself occupied until this situation blows over or retreats into the history books.
For the time being, why not expand your mind, read some books, or play games with friends.
Whatever Game You Want To Play, Play It!
There are many games you can play with your friends even with this period of isolation; whether you play remotely, or over a video call, or even just over a good old fashion phone call, what happened to those? And, in a time like this where we are forced into restrictive measures, why not better yourself and gain intellect while playing games, if you are searching for help with anagram based games you can check out this site for assistance. Anagrams have been around as a source of entertainment for generations.
Games To Keep The Mind Healthy
- Online mahjong: mahjong has been proven to improve cognitive abilities in patients exhibiting signs of dementia; the study that revealed this proved successfully that mahjong could be used to treat dementia. A scientist has suggested that if it carries these benefits that far ahead in the future, it can do you no harm to start playing it now, instead it may benefit you very much so, and improve cognitive function in years to come.
- Sudoku: it is an ancient game, much the same as mahjong, which increases neuroplasticity and contributes to making you smarter and has a clearer cognitive function. With an increase in neuroplasticity, you are better at looking at things from different perspectives and can eagerly anticipate, predict, and understand new patterns and shapes.
- Riddles: riddles are another proven catalyst to an increase in neuroplasticity. Riddles can be a lot of fun and make you a lot smarter.
- Puzzles and crosswords: online puzzle and crossword websites were created for a shared intellectual experience. You can play with teams of up to four people. Puzzles and crosswords are proven stress relief and can help to improve heart function oddly enough. Puzzles and crosswords enhance critical thinking and cognitive function, improve your visual perception, promote euphoria, and keep your memory in shape.
- Chess: chess has long been the game of aristocracy; the chess players of previous generations become almost Godlike; they were the epitome of intelligence, sought for their company, and often treated like celebrities. Many chess players have become philosophers, or shall we say philosophers become famous chess players. Some of the most intelligent people on Earth today have mastered the game of chess. Chess can be great for cognitive function, can help the strategic brain, and help you similarly to puzzles to recognize patterns.
Why Play Anything At All?
There are many reasons listed above why playing games of this nature can be incredibly beneficial and, in the long run, be the catalyst for healthy brain function. Often as human beings, we neglect the benefit of cultivating a healthy and well functioning brain; our days spent like zombies staring at screens.
We should always factor our brain health when considering our overall health, as it can often be neglected. While we spend so many hours in the gym, so much time running, eating healthily, we fail to recognize the importance of our brain. If our brain is overwhelmed, then our entire body as a unit will be significantly overwhelmed; if our brain is underwhelmed, then our body will be fidgety and on edge. We must treat the health of our brain with the utmost importance and reverence.
In most ancient societies, these games were all cultivated to contribute to a healthy and functional brain and cognitive system. We must be like our ancestors in recognizing this.
There are many ways one can cultivate a healthy brain, through sleep or reading, games of the nature listed, or even by eating healthily and meditation. Meditation is a sure-fire way to increase cognitive ability, recognized for thousands of years.
Whichever way you decide to increase cognitive function and move forward positively, remember to have fun doing so, whether you play with friends or alone, find a system. If you force yourself to play these games, you will derive little benefit; they must be enjoyed.