Type to search

Pastry Chef Claire Verneil

NEWS

Pastry Chef Claire Verneil

Pastry chef Claire Verneil – World Traveler and Creative Genius from the Kitchen of the Fairmont Hotel, Monte Carlo

Chef of the world, Claire Verneil, formerly a lawyer, had a desire to follow her passion for cooking and began a new career as a pastry chef that lead her to become the first female head pastry chef at the Fairmont Hotel in Monte Carlo.

Chef Verneil’s love of creating innovative and feminine pastries came from cooking with her grandmother. She incorporates the souvenirs from her travel and contemporary style with classic French pastry training resulting in delicious and beautiful desserts of distinction.

Pastry Chef Claire Verneil with our writer, Priscilla Pilon in Monte Carlo.

Pastry Chef Claire Verneil with our writer, Priscilla Pilon in Monte Carlo.

As Editor In Chief of the RTL’s (Europe’s leading entertainment company) popular food blog, Cooking with Claire, she writes about all things culinary and gives behind the scenes peeks into the international cooking scene. http://www.rtl.fr/blog/le-blog-de-claire

IMG_2808

What you have been doing since taking over the pastry reigns at the hotel?

The first year I stayed in the kitchen concentrating on my pastry skills and recipes to put my print on the team working under me. I am traveling when I can. I love Paris, of course, and try to go once a week, but I also love New York City. My favorite place to travel is Greece because, the islands work with really good products, respecting them and using them in creative ways.

What or who influences your style and design?

I travel to London to see the modern art scene. Last year I went to the David Bowie exhibit because I love his spirit. When I travel, I look for local passion in the cooking and try to bring some of it back with me. For instance, I went to Marrakesh for a cooking show and gala and brought back many spices that I have incorporated into my cooking. I also went to Montreal as part of an all female cooking demonstration and brought back Canadian maple syrup to use in recipes.

IMG_2785

With the opening of Chef Nobu’s restaurant at the Fairmont, what changes will there be to the pastry menu?

We respect the Nobu guidelines but make our dishes the Monoco way. We balance the two by keeping the spirit of Nobu but also the local flair. Where we may cook cakes with traditional flour, for his restaurant we are now making things with rice flour. Our guests like fruit bowls but for guests at Nobu we will use more exotic fruits in them. A simple ice cream recipe is enhanced by using green tea to create something new. We use our own techniques to create dishes and must use local ingredients for certain pastries because they are simply the best of what is out there. We use French chocolate and lemons from our area because they are the best in the world.

What trends are you seeing in cooking and, in particular, from your travels?

People now are much more into the methods of cooking and like to practice at home. It’s hard to surprise them since they watch everything being constructed on television. We see more and more demand for less fattening desserts and requests for less sweet options, but at the same time they don’t want less taste. Our clients still want the healthier options to feel and taste the same in the mouth. We substitute stevia sugar and agave to meet their dietary needs.

DSCN1376

The following two tabs change content below.
Priscilla Pilon is a food & travel journalist and blogger. She travels the world, but is an admitted Paris addict. She began her career as a food and travel writer through her own personal trips and her time spent living and working abroad. A true travel chameleon, she can find herself skiing in the French Alps one day and snorkeling in the British Virgin Islands the next.
Tags:
Priscilla Pilon

• 1

You Might also Like

20 Comments

1. Corinna Mihovk 11/16/2018

And, clubbed with the superior precision technology that is so characteristics of Tag Heuer watches these timepieces are a coveted possession for all women who appreciate quality.

2. lucky patcher 9.5.3 11/14/2018

Respect to website author , some wonderful entropy.

3. I like this site because so much useful stuff on here : D.

4. Thank You for this.

5. iosemuspot 11/13/2018

This is interesting!

6. Luigi Kaminsky 11/13/2018

Great – I should definitely say I’m impressed with your blog. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related information. The site ended up being truly simple to access. Excellent job…

7. I consider something really special in this site.

8. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any tips?

9. Benedict Jabaay 11/12/2018

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Appreciate it

10. playcheat 11/11/2018

You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the subject and found most persons will agree with your site.

11. Terrance Rome 11/11/2018

Good site! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!

12. Kathryn Trentz 11/07/2018

I and my pals were examining the best things located on your web blog then quickly I had an awful feeling I had not expressed respect to the blog owner for them. Those ladies came absolutely warmed to learn all of them and have absolutely been using those things. I appreciate you for really being quite accommodating as well as for finding this form of marvelous issues millions of individuals are really eager to know about. My sincere regret for not expressing appreciation to earlier.

13. Theo Walcott has provided Arsenal with a much-needed fitness boost ahead of a crucial five days. Walcott gives Arsenal huge fitness boost and could be in line to face Manchester United

14. 通過水光療程抑制黑色素細胞生長的成分注射到真皮層,減少黑色素形成,淡化黑斑色素沉澱,從而達到美白祛斑的效果 療程特色 :可配搭多元化產品來量身訂做不同療​​程計算機化規格,操作方便,容易控制可調節進針深度,精準注射於目標的肌膚層 每針的注射劑量相等,達到均勻注射 一次平均5點注射,可縮短療程時間 採用31號細針頭,幾乎看不到入針點 降低疼痛、瘀血、腫脹及不適感 使用靈活度高,可複合式搭配針劑,量身訂製療程

15. 100有機潤唇膏 雙頭磨沙滋潤豐唇膏 滋潤豐唇蜜 亮彩保濕口紅 亮彩保濕唇蜜 持久亮麗雙頭唇彩 唇線筆 唇膏筆 抗炎作用原理:內環境平衡,增強陰道內免疫力 CO2可本質的改變組織特性,使粘膜組織新生 陰道上皮細胞功能增強,大量糖原在陰道桿菌作用下分解成乳酸,逐步恢復陰道正常的PH值 免疫力增強,降低私密處感染

16. (專櫃氣墊粉餅推薦)Estée Lauder雅詩蘭黛粉持久氣墊打光粉餅~是我用最過最遮瑕的氣墊粉餅 @ 潮流、美妝、消費 創造個人化風格的女性社群 PIXstyleMe (專櫃氣墊粉餅推薦)Estée Lauder雅詩蘭黛粉持久氣墊打光粉餅~是我用最過最遮瑕的氣墊粉餅

17. 仙氣滿滿,全靠NARS 胭脂的吸力? – STYLE-TIPS.COM 讓人心跳的時刻,可以是初戀,可以是朋友的相識,也可以是人生第一份工,第一份糧!彩…

18. 100有機潤唇膏 雙頭磨沙滋潤豐唇膏 滋潤豐唇蜜 亮彩保濕口紅 亮彩保濕唇蜜 持久亮麗雙頭唇彩 唇線筆 唇膏筆 抗炎作用原理:內環境平衡,增強陰道內免疫力 CO2可本質的改變組織特性,使粘膜組織新生 陰道上皮細胞功能增強,大量糖原在陰道桿菌作用下分解成乳酸,逐步恢復陰道正常的PH值 免疫力增強,降低私密處感染

19. ARITAUM 【唇彩系列】Jelly Bar的商品介紹 ARITAUM,唇彩系列,Jelly Bar