Every roofing project doesn’t have to be complicated if you know the fundamentals. If you think about having your roof replaced or at least repaired, then you should have the right combination of tools and equipment to get started. Some are even so essential in the industry that they shouldn’t be forgotten on your list. Remember, you’ll end up dealing with serious problems if you don’t have the proper tools to perform certain tasks. In this article, we’ll provide you with a complete list of quality roofing tools that can make a huge difference in a job. Let’s take a look at them.
1. Safety equipment – If you’re doing a roofing work, it means you’re also working with heights. Depending on what type of building you’re dealing with, you really need to consider your safety and of your helpers in climbing up and down the roof. As long as you have the proper safety equipment, you’ll remain safe all throughout the job. More than anything else, make sure nobody gets hurt while doing the project by preparing your hard hats, safety glasses, and gloves. Consider these roofing tools as your protection from any accident or injury that may happen.
2. Ladder – This is one of the most important roofing tools to take note. Aside from your safety kit, make sure you also purchase a quality ladder which provides you with easy access to the roof. Not only that but the ladder of your choice should be something that you can use every day and the one which can last for a longer period. On one hand, keep safety in mind when you’re about to select a ladder as you’ll use it more frequently in going up and down the roof.
3. Wheelbarrow – If you’re doing a roof replacement, a wheelbarrow can be very beneficial. It will make your work much easier and smoother because you’ll be able to haul some debris off from the roof. Like removing an old roof, this tool will go a long way when it comes to hauling purposes. However, you make sure to invest in a sturdy model which has the ability to hold the weight of materials you’re about to tow.
4. Cordless drill – Every roofing contractor should have this valuable tool. If you need to drill holes in metal, wood or concrete, a cordless drill can do the work for you. When using this tool, it’s important to have several drill bits in place so you’ll not find a hard time putting in screws once you’re done with the drilling. Also, you shouldn’t forget to get the mixing attachment intended for the drill. That way, mixing products before application on the roof will be much easier.
5. Pry bar – Roof replacement, for instance, can be a tricky task. If you don’t use the right tools, you’re then exposed to the possibility of committing any mistake. And even a small can result in a more expensive and dangerous project. So, a pry bar should be included on your list because it can help you in the removal of old nails from the old roof. When there are hard nails to get off, this tool of quality can make the entire process of replacing a roof quick and easy for you and your crew.
6. Framing Square – If you’re going to cut some shingles with accuracy, this roofing tool comes in handy. A framing square will enable you to achieve the perfect edge cuts. By doing so, you’ll be able to maintain a good quality work from beginning to end.
7. Caulking gun – To speed up the dispensation of caulk from the tubes, using this tool can be a very good idea. A caulk gun is useful when you’re doing roof repairs as it allows you to put a sealant to the parts which need to be fixed in the first place.
8. Nail gun – This is also an invaluable roofing tool as it helps secure flashing and shingles at one time. With a nail gun, you’ll make the roofing process more straightforward by hammering in several nails in just a few seconds. And if you have many people on your team, using this tool will also enable you to move to the next project faster.
9. General toolkit – Having a general toolkit can minimize the burden brought about by any roofing project. This will include chisels, punches, screwdrivers, mallets, and hammers which are still required as you may not know what will come up on the job site. Perhaps, being ready is much better than doing nothing.
10. Roof hoist – This handy tool is extremely valuable. It can help you raise and lower equipment and other necessary supplies from the roof. Instead of going up and down the deck by yourself, a roof hoist will do the raising and lowering of items for you. This will not only make the job quicker but this will also protect you from a potentially dangerous situation.
In conclusion: With a worthwhile list of roofing tools at your leisure, you’ll be able to make every job you take more successful and less tedious. You’ll also be prepared in facing any challenge that may come your way. If you’re a roofing contractor or anyone who’s about to do a roofing work, it’s important to keep these quality roofing tools in mind so you can perform your tasks with ease. Thus, go and check whether the tools enumerated in this article are already listed in your inventory. And if not, look for a trusted source of supplies to get them.