Once edgy and out of sight, CBD has officially become mainstream. From tasty edibles like gummies to tinctures and topicals, cannabidiol is likely already part of your holistic toolkit to deal with anxiety, cramps, or trouble sleeping.
But the next level of enjoying the popular cannabinoid: incorporating it into drinks and foods.
Perhaps the concept of CBD-infused foods and beverages freak you out. However, having anxiety about cooking with CBD is strange and unnecessary, as this primer has everything you need to know. From the best recipes to start with to the rules to follow to ensure you’re not just wasting your money, consider the complete guide to cooking with CBD. Soon you will be able to switch up your CBD habit to be delightful as it is functional.
CBD – Infused Guacamole
Whether you’re hosting friends or planning a couch-potato-only evening, CBD guacamole is a great way to relax and enjoy a delicious snack boosted with CBD’s wellness properties. This recipe is a great way to incorporate cannabidiol into your everyday meal and work well to bind easily to fatty substances.
Mexican cuisine is popular for its particularly delicious and flavourful condiments; however, guacamole is handily the El Jefe of all dips used for main and side dishes. The main ingredient, avocado, consists entirely of fats, making it an ideal base to infuse your CBD oil into. Not to mention, guacamole is entirely gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
What do you need?
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, and halved
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ medium onion, thinly diced
- ½ tbsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, thinly chopped
- 1 ml of CBD full spectrum oil
- Place avocados in a bowl or mortar and start mashing them with a pestle or fork.
- Add the salt, garlic, cumin, cilantro, cayenne pepper, tomatoes, jalapeno, and lime juice. Add then in the mixture your full-spectrum CBD oil and stir to combine.
- Use a plastic wrap to cover the bowl and let the guacamole sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
CBD Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Because sweets cannot miss from our CBD recipes list, the tastiest chocolate bars we’ve tried use CBD-infused coconut oil instead of straight CBD oil. Not to mention that all of the ingredients are gluten-free because this recipe calls for grain-free flours.
What’s more, the almond butter is an excellent flavor carrier for this recipe, while the very dark chocolate makes these cookies even more Paleo-friendly.
What do you need?
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond butter
- 90mL melted CBD coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Bring your oven to 350F.
- Place an 8×8 baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper. Spray the pan before using the backing paper so it won’t stick to the pan.
- Take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Gently fold the chocolate chips using silicon or wooden spatula.
- Bake and wait for 20-25.
- Take your chocolate bars out of the oven and let them rest at room temperature.
Divide them into several pieces and serve them according to your taste.
CBD Pesto Pasta with Spicy Shrimp
Slightly spicy with the tangy taste of lime, these easy to make shrimp are flavourful and succulent. They make a light, delicious meal when served over a bed of CBD infused pasta with a pinch of pesto. If you happen to be a huge fan of seafood and pasta, this recipe will help you get the best of both worlds. It’s a delicious, healthy, and delightful meal that blends in lots of healthy unsaturated fats, complex carbs, high-quality proteins, and green pesto – all infused in CBD.
What do you need?
For CBD Raw Pesto:
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 4 tsp of 500 mg full-spectrum CBD oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of black pepper and salt to taste
For Shrimp Pasta:
- 8 oz raw penne pasta
- 1-2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Rinse off the leafy greens under cold water and place all the pesto ingredients into a food processor. Mix everything until the pesto becomes a smooth sauce.
- Scoop the sauce with a spoon and move everything to a small bowl. Cover the bowl with a small plastic wrap and let it wait in the refrigerator.
- Take a large pot, boil water over medium heat, add the raw penne pasta – and carefully read package directions.
- In a large saucepan, health olive oil along with butter over medium heat until fully melted.
- Dip both sides of the shrimp in the previously ground cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt before adding them to the pan. Once added, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, and cook until you see the shrimps pink on each side.
- Wash and cut asparagus into 2-inch blocks and add them to the past for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Once your shrimp have been completely cooked, add the asparagus and pasta to the pan.
- Blend in 6-8 tablespoons of pesto. Add fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and top the dish with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Cooking with CBD at home is an enjoyable and rewarding way to deliver precious cannabinoids into your system. We’re hoping our list of CBD recipes will help you figure out your cooking plan for the next week.