Tips to Make Your Online Dating Profile Pop
Online dating has become more and more popular in the last five years. It’s now not uncommon to hear that a couple met through a dating app or website. With this in mind, you should look to make your profile as attractive as possible if you’re using it regularly. It’s the first thing that a potential date will see, and making a good first impression is everything. We’ve put together this list of tips to give you some ideas on the ways to make sure your online dating profile is the best, when it comes to showing who you are, so that others can get interested in you.
1) Get a nice-looking picture. | For many dating apps, and the people using them, little more than a second is taken to look at a person and decide if they’re interested. Because of this, you need to make sure you have a picture that stands out and shows clearly who you are. You don’t need anything too fancy, but a good headshot taken with a high-quality camera is generally better than a picture of you with your mates getting drunk. For one, if there are multiple people in the shot, it may be difficult to tell who you are. Also, if your face is somehow obscured, people may feel like you’re hiding something. Take care of simple things like good lighting and a non-pixelated photo, and you’ll see more people will get interested in talking to you.
You then want to think about the other pictures on your profile. Once you have a good headshot, this is a great way to show some personality and get people interested. If you’re passionate about cooking or in a spot, a picture of you happy while doing this can be very attractive. This may be for people who share the interest, or are just looking for a passionate person.
2) Think about your username and bio | Once you have a selection of pictures that show the type of person you are, you need to add some information to your profile that helps support this. An inappropriate username is an easy way to scare off a good percentage of the people who might have been interested in you. We recommend choosing a username that is either neutral or somehow reflects your personality.
You can then add in a headline and a few lines about yourself. There’s no need to write your life story here, but a short few lines about who you are and what you’re looking for will work well. This is also an excellent way to get a bit creative and show your humorous side.
3) Choose an appropriate dating site | Generally, people of certain ages, races, and interests are drawn to certain dating websites and apps. There are plenty of generic dating websites out there. But then, if finding someone who isn’t looking for a serious relationship is essential to you, you’ll most likely want to stay away from certain websites where this is the goal. For interracial singles & dating on swirlr.com, for example.
Latest posts by Danor Aliz (see all)
- Safe Bet Business Investments - 02/12/2019
- Want to improve your Next Cruise? 5 Easy Ways You Can Achieve - 02/11/2019
- What’s the Best Way to Impress Her on Your Wedding Celebration? - 02/11/2019