This delicious Wassail punch is the perfect drink to serve at your holiday party or even for breakfast on Christmas morning. I bet you will enjoy it! Courtesy of Elegant Affairs Caterers
( 6 servings)
- 6 small apples, washed and cored
- 1-quart cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks, crushed
- 2 pinches ground cloves
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3-4 Tbs Sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Score the apples and place in an ovenproof tray and roast for 60 minutes, or until the skin is soft and starting to split.
- Heat the cider in a saucepan over low heat and add cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir well and heat through until the liquid starts to foam.
- Add the lemon slices and roasted apples, and give the liquid a good stir
- Add sugar, – add it gradually and taste as you go along.
- Serve hot.