When most people think about traffic accidents, the first thing that comes to mind is a car crash. However, there are actually four types of accidents that you could endure while driving or riding in a vehicle. These include car crashes, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and bus accidents.
Of these four types of accidents, motorcycle accidents are often the most deadly. Many New Jersey-based motorcycle injury attorneys are familiar with these cases and know this fact all too well. This is because motorcycles offer very little protection in the event of a crash. In fact, over 90% of all fatalities in motorcycle accidents are the result of head injuries. Not only that, motorcycles often pass intersections on the blind side of other vehicles, which results in accidents.
There are several things that you can do to help protect yourself if you are involved in a motorcycle accident. The most important is to always wear a helmet. Other things that you can do include wearing protective clothing and avoiding busy streets. If you are involved in a crash, try to stay calm and avoid sudden movements. This will help ensure that you don’t aggravate any injuries that you may have sustained.
A car crash is one of the most common types of accidents in traffic. They can occur for a variety of reasons, such as driver error, speeding, or drunk driving. Below are some of the most common types of accidents involving cars.
1) Rear-End Accident
This is the most common type of accident on the road, and it usually happens when one car hits the back of another car. This type of accident can be very dangerous because it often leads to a chain reaction where multiple cars crash into each other.
2) Side Impact Accident
type of accident happens when a car crashes into another car from the side. This can often lead to serious injuries because there is less protection for passengers on the side of the car that gets hit.
3) Head-On Collision
A head-on collision is when two cars collide head-on with each other. This type of accident is very dangerous because the passengers in both cars have nowhere to go and are often seriously injured.
If you’re unlucky enough to be involved in a car crash, there are four things you should do to protect yourself and ensure your safety.
- Remain calm and stay in your car.
- Check to make sure everyone is okay and call for help if necessary.
- Wait for emergency services to arrive.
- Follow their instructions.
If you’re injured, don’t try to move until help arrives. Let the professionals take care of you so that you can get the medical attention you need.
Pedestrian accidents can happen when you are walking in a pedestrian crossing, or when you are walking on the side of the road. There are many dangers that pedestrians face when walking in traffic. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2012, 4,743 pedestrians were killed in traffic accidents. That is a shocking number, and it means that pedestrians have to be aware of the dangers they face when walking in traffic.
There are four types of pedestrian accidents that you could endure in traffic.
- Crossing at a pedestrian crossing: When you are crossing the street at a designated pedestrian crossing, you should make sure that cars are stopping for you. Unfortunately, not all drivers obey the law, and they may continue driving through the crossing, even if you are in the way. If you are hit by a car while crossing a pedestrian crossing, you may be able to sue the driver for damages.
- Crossing mid-block: Another danger that pedestrians face is when they cross the street in the middle of the block, instead of using a designated pedestrian crossing. Drivers may not see you when you are crossing the street, and they may hit you. If you are hit by a car while crossing mid-block, you may also be able to sue the driver for damages.
- Walking on the side of the road: Pedestrians often have to walk on the side of the road, because there are no sidewalks. This can be very dangerous, because drivers may not see you, especially if you are walking near the edge of the road. If you are hit by a car while walking on the side of the road, you may not be able to sue the driver for damages.
- Walking at night: One of the most dangerous times for pedestrians is at night when it is dark outside. Drivers cannot see pedestrians as well at night, and they may not be able to stop in time if they see someone crossing the street. If you are hit by a car while walking at night, you may not be able to sue the driver for damages.
A bus accident can occur for a number of reasons. One reason is when the bus driver falls asleep at the wheel. Another reason is when the bus driver tries to avoid another vehicle and ends up crashing into something else. Bus accidents can also occur when the bus driver loses control of the bus or when the brakes fail.
Regardless of the cause of the accident, there are some things that you can do to protect yourself. First, always wear your seat belt. Second, make sure that you are sitting as far back from the front of the bus as possible. Third, keep your head and arms inside the bus at all times. Fourth, do not try to get off the bus until the driver has come to a complete stop.
If you are involved in a bus accident, there are a few things that you should do. First, call 911 and report the accident. Second, make sure that you are not injured. Third, check on the other passengers on the bus. Fourth, collect evidence at the scene of the accident. Fifth, speak to an attorney.
All of these types of accidents can be very dangerous and can lead to serious injuries or death. It is important to be aware of the dangers of traffic accidents and to take steps to avoid them. If you are involved in an accident, it is important to stay calm and to follow the instructions of the police or emergency personnel. Thank you for reading!