Whether it’s for business or pleasure, a tour to Dubai can help open you to possibilities that will help enrich your life. Dubai is a tourist destination country rich with resources, opportunities, and sites that will blow your mind. However, it can become tricky if you are a tourist and are bombarded and bamboozled with your transportation. Unlike hiring a designated driver to take you around, you might consider renting a car and drive yourself through the city. But there are factors to consider in both options. So, should you rent or buy a car in Dubai?
Renting a Car in Dubai
Before you rent a car in Dubai, you’ll first need to find a car rental company that you can work with. Of course, they’ll have requirements that you’ll have to meet, but it’s of the utmost importance that the company is legal. You might go for companies that charge you on an hourly rate, but then again, if you intend to spend more time in Dubai, then this guide on Dubai monthly car rental should help you to get started. Car affordability, insurance, and your needs are among the factors at play when choosing a rental car. Below are things you need to know when renting a car in Dubai:
- Terms of payment – Most car rental companies will require that you pay a deposit in advance. This should be in written form, where you get to sign a contract and pay through a credit card or cash.
- Capacity – You must rent a car that will be sufficient, in that those in your company and your luggage will comfortably fit in. You have the option of choosing between luxurious vehicles, economical vehicles, and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Finding the best rental companies in Dubai – If you are looking to rent a car in Dubai, then you’ll definitely need to find a car rental company for all your car needs. Among the factors to include will be the cost of renting the car, insurance, your IDL(International Driving Licence), and your insurance policy provider.
How Renting a Car in Dubai Works
First and foremost, you’ll need a car rental company that will be willing to work with your terms and conditions. They might have requirements that need to be met, and having the paperwork will help you get a car that will suit you. Well, it’s not all about the money, but having some bucks for the gas will help you to get by. Some knowledge of Dubai traffic rules will come in handy to keep you away from traffic tickets. Here’s what you need to know about renting a car in Dubai:
- You need the right documents, including your passport, an international driving license, a driving license permit, and your home’s original driving license.
- You need a car rental company that will provide you with tailor-made services.
- Check the car rental company’s policies and what’s included in the contract.
- It costs to rent a car in Dubai.
Pros of Renting a Car in Dubai
If you are not planning a longer visit to Dubai, you might as well consider a rental car to help you with your transportation needs. There are numerous benefits of renting a car in Dubai, some of which include:
- It provides you with hassle-free transportation.
- It does not require a lot of paperwork.
- It saves you money
Buying a Car in Dubai
If you have just landed in Dubai and are planning to stay longer than usual, then buying a car might seem like the best option. It could be that you have landed a job there or are looking for investment options. Either way, having a car with no strings attached to it can help with all your transportation needs. But to help you make an informed decision, here are the pros and cons of buying a car in Dubai. They include:
- You have the option of buying a used or a new car.
- You’ll have a reliable and dedicated means of transportation.
- There are financial institutions that can help to foot the costs of buying a new car in Dubai.
- Owning a new car comes with added costs such as might include maintenance and fuel costs.
- It will be costly for you to buy a new car when on a visiting VISA.
- You’ll have limited options as your budget will be the determining factor on the car you choose
With the pointers above, you can make an informed decision on whether to lease a car or buy a new one. There are so many investment opportunities in Dubai and places to visit. With either option, rented, new, or second hand, having a car to take you places can make a huge difference in your stay in Dubai.