Lobster Tagliolini from Michelin starred Il Refettorio at Monastero Santa Rosa, Amalfi Coast Southern Italy’s Amalfi Coast has retained its status as one of the world’s most romantic destinations, with dramatic stretches of coastline and phenomenal Italian food and wine. Showcasing the finest of Italian produce, Ristorante Il Refettorio at Monastero Santa Rosa serves Chef Christoph Bob’s signature Lobster Tagliolini.
Created with fresh lobster and minimal ingredients such as garlic, basil, tomatoes, and olive oil, the delicate dish can be enjoyed as the perfect starter or main course that is delicious yet simple. Nestled on the side of a cliff face and offering spectacular views over the Mediterranean sea, Monastero Santa Rosa is the perfect setting for couples seeking an intimate dinner by candlelight. Il Refettorio received its first Michelin star in November 2017 under the helm of Chef Christoph Bob, who has worked in some of the world’s most celebrated restaurants, and his insatiable love affair with food is reflected in every dish on the menu. He has created an innovative Mediterranean gastronomic experience using the freshest ingredients from the surrounding Campania region including flowers that are grown in the hotel’s own herb and vegetable garden.
400g of fresh egg tagliolini
1 lobster (around 600g)
200g cherry tomatoes, peeled and pitted
1 garlic clove
200ml lobster stock
Extra-virgin olive oil
A pinch of salt
- Split up the lobster, chop the cherry tomatoes and peel the garlic clove.
- Add the lobster to a pan with olive oil, garlic, and cherry tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the lobster and let it cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- When the lobster is cooked, remove it from the pan but keep it warm.
- Add the lobster stock to the lobster sauce and let it simmer.
- Cook the pasta al dente in salted boiling water, then drain and add it to the lobster sauce.
- Toss it all together adding the basil cut into thin strips and cook for another minute.
- To serve, divide the pasta and place half of the lobster on the hot dishes.